Hmmm to go to websites it uses port 80, so he goes from his pc, to the
company router, then out to the internet, then into the destination pc, then
it chooses the port, so really a website couldn't be used, as that is a
place you want to go to, not a place you want to come from..if that makes
sense

On 01/01/07, Geza Levai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    I  am  unable  to  connect  to  my  friend's PC at his work place with
>    Listening VNC Viewer. (Free version.)
>    (where  I  was running Listening VNC Viewer on my PC and he entered my
>    IP address in the window "add new client" on his PC).
>    I  had  NO PROBLEM connecting to his PC in his  HOME using exactly the
>    SAME method.
>    (1st of all this means, that there is no problem on my end, right?).
>    We tried it also by having him disable his XP firewall on his work PC,
>    didn't make any difference.
>    Is it possible that the IT team at his workplace is blocking going out
>    to port 5500 somehow?
>    Any log files of any sort?
>    For  example, is there a website on www.realvnc.com setup on port 5500
>    for  testing  purpose,  so that if you try to go that web page on port
>    5500  with  Internet  Explorer and fails, that means that going out to
>    port 5500 is blocked?
>    (for example: http://www.realvnc.com/testingport:5500 )
>    Is  there a way to change the default value of the target port of 5500
>    on the server side?
>    How can I troubleshoot this problem?
>    Geza

Recoding.net - Go, Play...