hi Bonno

It almost sounds like an MTU Error

as if it is sending data packets too large or the connection

you may need to adjust the MTU of one of the ends

Steve

Bonno Bloksma wrote:
Hi,

I have one server where I have some problems with VNC. The initial connect is
never a problem. When I'm not logged on to the server or the screen saver is
active all will proceed normally until...
Sometimes after the desktop apears part of the screen will be transferred and
then.. nothing. The connection will be terminated. If I reconnect to the
server within one or two minutes the problem is still there and I will get the
top part of the screen and then the connection gets severed.

If I wait a while I can one again connect and see the desktop. The longer I
wait the better for if I don't wait long enough I might get the desktop but a
little while later the problem resurfaces.

I have one other problem related to that server which might be related to this
problem and MIGHT have to do something with a buffer overflow on the NIC or
something like that however... so far we have not been able to test that due
to the fact that I would not know how.

Something is going on and I'd like to get a handle on it. What does VNC do
different after showing the desktop from what it does when just showing the
login screen of the screensaver screen? Maybe that will give us some insight
to where the cause is and what the sollution might be.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Bonno Bloksma
hoofd systeembeheer

tio hogeschool hotelmanagement en toerisme
begijnenhof 8-12 / 5611 el eindhoven
t 040 296 28 28 / f 040 237 35 20
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  / www.tio.nl