I  have observed that it does not really matter
sometimes a few characters will cause vnc down .. sometimes not;
sometimes large copies work fine

I have found that the clipboard issue is the primary disconnect cause I see

I observe VNC monitoring clipboard causes disconnects
when clipboard contents change ;
if I re-connect I can then use existing clipboard contents

have copied and pasted many items [text mainly]
I have not maintained log to correlate vnc disconnects

Steve

Trace Carpenter wrote:
That's very interesting Steve. What type of data? I have found that if VNC is up, and I go to another window to highlight, copy and paste something, hitting the Ctrl+C will cause the connection to drop.

--
Trace Carpenter
The Carpenter Group