Anthony Watson wrote:
I thought that VNC would allow me to bypass the terminal services limitation
built into XP service pack 2, but the free version of VNC I downloaded kicked
one user off, when another VNC connection was initiated.  Does the Personal or
Enterprise version have this limitation or will it be able to maintain multiple
connections?

There is a huge difference between vnc and rdp on msWindows:
RDP can give you a new desktop for each connection. The number of those desktops is limited by license.

For what its worth, rdp can also connect to the existing destkop, where it consumes an rdp license. Hence I have the feeling the rdp licenses is (also) restricted by the number of connections.

VNC on msWindows gives access to an existing desktop. By default the number of vnc connections is limited for security reasons. This is configurable to a shared desktop, see the vnc server properties on the deskop at hand for details.

For what its worth, vnc can also connect to running rdp sessions, provided a vncserver is running in there (start the user-mode-vnc-server) and there is no port conflict between multiple vnc sessions: they all default to port 5900. Better to switch the vnc-server in an rdp session to a higher port (5901, 5902 and so on).

CBee