It is you xp that has the problem
a) it is not listening
b) windows firewall does not have a rule allowing that traffic
c) the is a router not forwarding the port to xp
d) anti-virus is blocking it

or any combination of above

steve

xkdcc wrote:
Hi, all

I download a vnc-3.3.3r2-6.aix5.1.ppc.rpm (there no vnc rpm for 5.3, only this
for 5.1, I think it's ok also) from IBM.com, and install it on AIX5.3
successful by :

    rpm -ivh vnc-3.3.3r2-6.aix5.1.ppc.rpm

and I start it on AIX5.3 by :

    vncserver :1

At first, it said :can't open .../ibmfont..
And then I download imbfont from Xmanager.com and install on AIX5.3,
Then I start vncserver again, it successful.

But I can't connect the VNC on Windows XP using vncvier, it report
10061#(Connection refuesed#)

What shall I do more ?

I appriciate any help from you.
Thank you!