Che-Ting Chen wrote:
I know this question was asked before but I didn't find the answer. I use
the vncviewer free version on linux and find the window version has some
options such as rate-limit which linux version hasn't. why? And is there any
method to update the screen periodically? Or is there any tool to trigger
the mouse to keep  the screen update periodically?
Since ages (the verry first version of VNC) the unix/linux implementation is a genuin X11-server implementation. In msWindows terms, it roughly is the device driver. On msWindows implementations, the vnc-server needs to ask the driver/hardware what to display, on unix/linux it actually is the driver and hence knows what to display. Hence, there is no rate limit or such.

If there are any display problems with mouse pointers or such, twiggle a little with the communication parameters between the viewer and the server.

Success

CBee