Hi,

We have been facing this issue since long. I think this is really a serious
problem with VNC sessions that might leads people slowly but steadily to
avoid using Real VNC.

Frequently, windows to VNC session copy-paste stopping and some times even
restarting the VNC session doesn't help.

I could see from source code that there is a buffer limit:
>From unix/common/rfb/SMsgReader.cxx : static IntParameter
maxCutText("MaxCutText", "Maximum permitted length of an incoming clipboard
update", 256*1024);

>From unix/unix/tx/TXWindow.cxx : XGetWindowProperty(dpy, win(),
ev->xselection.property, 0, 16384, True, AnyPropertyType, &type, &format,
&nitems, &after, &data);

I don't know why this limit is? Can't Real VNC just reset the buffer once
limit is reached or overwrite previous clipboard contents?

Could any one please suggest any permanent solution for this. Any idea to
avoid or debug this problems would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Paresh