From: vnc-list-boun...@realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-boun...@realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of Philip Herlihy
Sent: 04 June 2009 00:10
To: vnc-list@realvnc.com
Subject: RE: Cursor weirdness

Update:  I'd been playing around with screen resolution on the target
machine, increasing it beyond what the attached physical monitor can handle
as I'd been using this machine to run daisy-chained VNC sessions to other
machines on the subnet - machines with higher screen resolution.  I did
manage to set it back, but the problem persists.  I'd also been playing with
scaling for the first time.

I find I can connect without problems to other machines on the same subnet
(I set up a further port-forwarding on the router) without problems.  I can
"daisy-chain" a further session to access machine C from machine B without
any problems, but machine A is still weird.  If I connect to machine B and
run a further VNC session to machine A the problem is evident on A but not
B, just as if I'd connected directly.  If I connect as I've always done to
machine A, and then daisy-chain another session onto machine C, the
weirdness affects both sessions.  It does seem to be a problem with machine
A.  I've rebooted machine A, and the router, and my machine, and my router -
problem persists.  Advice greatly appreciated.

My machine is XP; machine A runs Win2K, B runs Win2K and C runs XP.

Phil