A couple other thoughts regarding your DVR system.

1 - you could use  RDC (Remote Desktop) from Microsoft. The Mac
version is here
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/remote-desktop/default.mspx
  I am using 2.0.0.0 Beta3. Downside of RDC is it locks the screen of
the PC/DVR you access. But the throughput is faster because Microsucks
has access to technology the ouside world does not.

2 - Some and many current DVR software allows the set up of internet
access. You can then access the cameras directly over a secure
internet connection. It works fairly well.
I recently worked with ExacqVision Technologies http://www.exacq.com/
and another I cannot think of the name right now. Exacq internet
access works well for example.

3 - The question becomes the size of the DVR box, OS used (some of
these guys install XP HOME claiming you dont need server so dont need
XP Pro), and your ability to access the box as Admin (many of these
guys setup and restrict access to themselves claiming the company does
not need to access the box and they (the installer) will take care of
it - a lock-in to yearly maintenance fees.
So really need more information here regarding the DVR box, OS, DVR
software, your access priveleges.

Dale Eshelman
eshelm...@gmail.com

Begin forwarded message: