good point. I have personally seen it attempted. When sitting at the
office using WXP Pro PC all of a sudden saw cursor moving. Watched as
the hacker obtained Admin privileges, changed VNC settings, wrote FTP
code to forward all communication to a chinese based IP address at a
university there. Then killed the office PC. Found the backdoor code,
deleted it, and changed all passwords. In addition, changed primary IP
address in routers ex 192.168.1.1 changed to 192.168.1.2.

To this day we have not been able to figure out how the hacker
obtained Admin privileges to make the changes. However, have not seen
another successful hacker. By the way, virus detection did not find
anything unusual.

On Sep 17, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Alex Pelts wrote:

> How about someone hacking that machine and changing settings?
>

> Steven Orlando wrote:
>> Hello All!
>>
>> I have the RealVNC Free Edition, the latest version. It works, but
>> it seems like sometimes I can't connect from my home to one of the
>> computers. When I go to that computer and click on the VNC server
>> settings in the tray. I notice that some info is changed, and I
>> didn't change it, specifically:
>>
>> 1. I tried to log in from home, and it asked for a password. I set
>> it up for no authentication, and the setting got changed to "VNC
>> Password Authentication" by itself
>>
>> 2. One of my co-workers couldn't get in, and when we checked the
>> VNC server properties, the "accept connections on  port" was
>> changed, and we didn't change it.
>>
>> What could be causing this? We are using WinXP Pro on the host
>> computer (the one we are trying to control).
>>
>> Steve

Dale Eshelman
eshelm...@gmail.com

ShopToEarn (Dist ID 105985)
  http://www.ShopToEarn.net/DaleEshelman

MonaVie (Distr ID 1316953)
http://www.monavie.com/Web/US/en/product_overview.dhtml

The closer I get to the pain of glass in Windoz, the farther I can see
and I see a Mac on the horizon.