Mike - often times what you describe happens. Result - topic cannot be
found.

Wouldn't it be nice to start a "wikidot" which gives more information
on topics, can be added to and submitted.

Many times manuals tell us what something "is" (definition) and HOW it
works.

What manuals do not tell us is WHAT the process is to make something
work and the RESULT expected outcome of the processes. So while we
read and understand what it is; we are left not learning how to do it.

Dale Eshelman
Kansas City

On Sep 23, 2009, at 12:52 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

> Most problems can be solved without help lists like this one.
> Sometimes
> questions come from people who have been working for hours or days on
> making a system work and they are really drained and hope for a little
> help from us.  Maybe he searched for "connection dropped" and other
> stuff
> and didn't find what he was looking for.  The key term is "shared" --
> that's what he needed to hear.  He also needed the clue that the
> server
> has to be configured for sharing, not just the client.
>
> We all read documentation and so we know that you can't just read and
> memorize the entire thing.  You also cannot always find what you are
> looking for in the documentation.  It is often a matter of getting a
> clue
> about a good search term, which is what the list provided in this
> case.
>
> Mike

Dale Eshelman
eshelm...@gmail.com

ShopToEarn (Dist ID 105985)
  http://www.ShopToEarn.net/DaleEshelman

MonaVie (Distr ID 1316953)
http://www.monavie.com/Web/US/en/product_overview.dhtml

The closer I get to the pain of glass in Windoz, the farther I can see
and I see a Mac on the horizon.