The uncommented line in the hosts file is simply:
127.0.0.1   localhost

The default gateway is setup in the Windows IP properties (along with the other static settings) to be 192.168.0.254, which is our modem/router/DHCP server. The modem has an external static IP that we would be connecting to with VNC. I can connect to it on that address and the internal 192.168.0.99 ... The command line on the VNC Viewer shortcut is just the default vncviewer.exe with no options.

I just woke up one of the VNC servers/desktops that stopped working over the weekend. I opened the web browser and it took a bit to load; was it asking for an IP renewal? Maybe it's just the power saving options that are at fault:

Turn off harddicks:   1hr
Standby:     1hr
Hibernate:     never

James Wheaton