I'm serving RealVNC Free Edition 4.1 from an XP32 SP3 box. When I run legacy
Turbo Pascal programs from the client the csrss.exe utilisation jumps up to
100% on every keystroke (or even if the application is put in foreground) for
several seconds and sometimes as long as a minute or 2. This stalls things and
makes the session unuseable. The Turbo Pascal programs don't generate much
screen traffic as it is mostly file shuffling so I don't understand why csrss
is getting so much utilisation.
Anyone understand this and/or have a fix or workaround? It's a big job to redo
the legacy stuff. (Clients are XP or W7 machines and all demonstrate the
problem).
Thanks.