    Karen> Hi, I need to set an environemt variable for a program
    Karen> running via vncviewer.  It requires a env. variable
    Karen> JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.6.0_31.  I have tried looking up
    Karen> on the web for hours and have had no luck.  I am sure this
    Karen> is something very easy, if I just knew how.

man vncserver :-

       $HOME/.vnc/xstartup A shell script specifying X applications to
              be run when a VNC desktop is started.  If it doesn't
              exist, vncserver will create a new one which runs a
              couple of basic applications.

Specify whatever you want in there (its just a shell script).

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Perl hacker                 | Ubuntu user
Skype: adrianp-mobile       | Fring: 4790594804