If the customer truly has an SBC I don’t see why you couldn’t put the Carrier
information in the SDP going out to the customer.  Same thing going back,
Customer SDP on 200 OK back to the carrier.   Most customers in Hosted PBX
don’t have an SBC however, they have a dumb firewall.   In the case of a dumb
firewall (or worse a broken SIP ALG) you are risking one way audio problems if
the Carrier SBC doesn’t handle RTP latching.

—

Matthew Crocker
President - Crocker Communications, Inc.
Managing Partner - Crocker Telecommunications, LLC
E: matt...@corp.crocker.com
E: matt...@crocker.com