STIR/SHAKEN isn't implemented at all in TDM world. I've had problems on and off for years where a carrier will take SS7 traffic, send it over some janky arrangement that strips the GenericAddress parameter (where your actual destination number is hidden in the IAM - when you dip in SS7 you send the LRN as your CallingPartyNumber, set the flag indicating the call is dipped, and put the original TN in the GenericAddressParameter field) and then I get a pile of calls from specific carriers rocking into my LRN until I can get one of them to call their carrier and report the issue, which fixes it.

Our usual trick is the LRNs are routed to the NOC, so they have a procedure where if they start getting calls from all over the place looking for our customers, that they ask the caller to reach out to their phone company and have them write down a little spiel to put in their trouble ticket with their carrier ("Clear Rate says they are getting the calls without the generic address parameter, which is related to failure of local number portability in your switch or tandem provider" or something to that effect), which is typically pretty effective.

How often? Happens probably once a year since I set up the network in 2007 we'll have a spate of them for a day.

-Paul

On 7/1/21 11:42 AM, Mary Lou Carey wrote:
I'm not an expert in how STIR/SHAKEN is implemented in the TDM world, but I've never heard of this happening until recently. I've heard anything sent over the SS7 network has issues with the token being dropped. Maybe the problem is bigger than just the token being dropped.....maybe what they are doing is causing the called number to be dropped as well! That's the only reason I can come up with as to why one would get the LRN but not the called number.

Just a thought,

MARY LOU CAREY
BackUP Telecom Consulting
Office: 615-791-9969
Cell: 615-796-1111

On 2021-07-01 10:15 AM, Mark Timm wrote:
It’s not just T-Mobile, it’s Verizon, US Cell and Lumen
originations.  I believe it is traffic that Inteliquent back hauls.

         [1]

        Mark Timm​

        Switch Engineer

        Aureon

7760 Office Plaza Drive South

West Des Moines

        ,

IA

50266

        mark.t...@aureon.com

515‑830‑0478

         [2]

        www.Aureon.com [2]

         [3]

         [4]

         [5]

         [6]

for the intended recipients. If you are not an intended recipient you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete,
or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for
any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise
as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.