I think it is a tongue-in-cheek prank, but a new web site, www.americanactionmarket.org gives you the chance to bet on the policies of the American government, and not just on the terrorists. For instance, you can bet on "the first White House staffer to resign in disgrace, and when." I don't think the DARPA version of the plan had this option.

A web site with a greater chance of success, www.boycott-riaa.com urges us to boycott the products of the Recording Industry Association of America, for its lawsuits against music downloaders. It tells you who to boycott, and if you can't live without buying music, well there are always used CDs. The site also has useful information on copyright issues, no matter what your point of view.

--
Posted by Tyler Cowen to The Volokh Conspiracy at 8/14/2003 06:07:23 AM