Posted by Eugene Volokh:
Absence of gender gap:

   A [1]CBS News poll reports that women favor Bush 49-42; since the
   total margin for Bush is 50-41, this suggests that the margin for men
   must be around 51-40 or thereabouts, which means there's really no
   gender gap. A [2]Newsweek poll from Sept. 9-10 showed likewise showed
   no gender gap (there, the gap was 0%, but the 2% gap is statistically
   indistinguishable from 0%).

   On the other hand, a [3]July 29-30 Newsweek poll showed a 10% gender
   gap (48-37 vs. 43-53); a [4]July 8-9 Newsweek poll showed a 5% gender
   gap. I don't know why the results are different now, and I'm not sure
   whether it's a fluke or part of a trend. Still, it seems worth noting.

   Thanks to [5]InstaPundit for the pointer.