To everybode who answered: Thanks, so it was not only me not finding the leftovers of delimiters. Still curious why they made it that way. No reason to replace!

Dave: I am aware of the resistor wire alloys like Konstantan, Manganin, Isabellin, Evanohm and their variants. What I didnt understand yet is the wiring between the resistors and the decades and so on - its just not simple silver-coated or tinned cooper wire, it more looks like a resistive wire - big and massive, bad to solder.

Bill: Do I understand right, they use the inter-resistor wiring to for compensation ? (Your mail worked fine)

Sounds like a "bigger but reproducable resistance than wildly drifting cooper wire" scheme to me. I try to figure out.

The repair itself worked out very nice, the workplace 34401A in dcv:dcv ratio mode was happy with the results.

BR

Hendrik