Randy
I would guess that your display is almost certainly 'on its way out'. I had a new display fitted to my 3458A earlier this year and the difference is astounding. The display is of the vacuum-fluorescent type, and they will deteriorate over time, especially if your instrument was used in a Lab. for 24/7 - and many had been. As I live in the UK, I am not able to give you a price as it was a 'package deal' - but I'm sure you get better deal in the US.
Roy

-----Original Message----- From: Randy Evans
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2014 6:36 AM
To: Discussion of precise voltage measurement
Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] RE "new" 3458A

Interesting note.  After the room cooled down from about 79F to 73F, and
another ACAL, the meter now reads +000.00035 mVDC, a more reasonable value,
although it does bounce around a couple of tenths of a uV.

Maybe that is OK?  If so, then the only issue would seem to be the  display
has some faint pixels, which a new display should fix.

Randy

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Randy Evans <randyevans2...@gmail.com>