From: volt-nuts <volt-nuts-boun...@febo.com> on behalf of Dr. David Kirkby
(Kirkby Microwave Ltd) <drkir...@kirkbymicrowave.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2017 10:10 AM
To: Discussion of precise voltage measurement
Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] Power consumption of 3458A reference board / fitting
one in a 3457A

On 23 September 2017 at 18:03, Tom Knox <act...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> If you want I will send you a few to play with for a few months.

Thank you very much. I'd like to have a play. I sent you a private email.

Someone suggested using the DCV:DCV ratio mode to look at two references,
but I don't see this facility on the 3457A. I think the only way to compare
two of them would be to put them in series, but back-to-back to subtract
the voltages, and look at the difference on the 3457A.

> Thomas Knox

It's odd there's someone selling LTZ1000A chips on eBay at $50 each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-LTZ1000ACH-Ultra-Precision-Reference-LTZ1000A-/111325506311
[https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/EGYAAOSwNRdX7g25/s-l300.jpg]<http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-LTZ1000ACH-Ultra-Precision-Reference-LTZ1000A-/111325506311>

1x LTZ1000ACH Ultra Precision Reference LTZ1000A |
eBay<http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-LTZ1000ACH-Ultra-Precision-Reference-LTZ1000A-/111325506311>
www.ebay.com
400°C/W Thermal Resistance for LTZ1000A Reduces. Insulation Requirements. Low
Noise RF Oscillators. Standard Cells. | eBay!

It looks like they have been removed from PCBs with a sledge hammer - they
are heavily scratched and/or dented. The sellers seems to have sold quite a
few, yet the chips are only marginally more expensive if bought new from
the manufacturer.

Dave
volt-nuts is a low volume, high SNR list for the discussion of precise voltage
measurement and related topics. To see the collection of prior postings to the
list ...

and follow the instructions there.