On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, thomas malloy wrote:

> Hum, let's hope that independent researchers have more luck
> reproducing Podkletnov's latest claims then they did on his claims of
> antigravity.

This is ALMOST a hobbyist project.  Except that Podkletnov used
superconductor pucks larger than 10cm diameter.  And used expensive
high-density HTSC rather than the sintered kind.  And cooled the HTSC with
liquid helium rather than with LN2.

I'd like to know if the effect disappears for 100K liquid nitrogen
temperatures.  Liquid helium is NOT something easy to work with!  It also
would be helpful to know if a sintered HTSC disk produces any effect, or
if the high-density melted copper oxide HTSC is required.

If it works with liquid nitrogen, and with sintered HTSC, then most any
hobbyist with a VandeGraaff machine can try the experiment.

Here's one that didn't work, although I apparently had the polarity
backwards and have never tried modifying my VDG machine to reverse the
charge.

  Morton effect testing
  http://www.amasci.com/freenrg/mort2.txt
  http://www.amasci.com/freenrg/morton1.html

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                            http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci