At 4:25 PM 8/19/4, Edmund Storms wrote:

>What exactly do you mean by replication?  Do I have to make the same
>mistakes?  Do
>I have to use a calorimeter that is affected by a magnetic field?

You have to do what you apparently thus far have entirely failed to do.
You have to have some approximate concept of the size and orientation of
the magnetic field you imposed on the target.  Removing a nominal or
improperly oriented field should of course have no effect whatsoever.  That
is no guarantee that a field imposed in the manner Letts specifies will
work either, but that is not yet a relevant point.  Not properly imposing
the magnetic field guarantees that the experiment is not properly
replicated.

Regards,

Horace Heffner