Dear Vortexians,

I am quite sorry I ever got into this thing, and if I
have wasted bandwidth, I do apologize. This will
likely be my last message on this subject.

<snip Iraq did not attack us, etc.>
> period.

The addition of the word 'period' makes it that much
clearer then? No, Iraq did not attack us. We attacked
them. I am not denying this. I am merely questioning
whether it was right or wrong.

> and since weve killed more people in iraq so far
> than saddam has in
> the past decade, yeah, id argue over whether or not
> its better to have
> him gone.  he was a dictator.  he was not that bad a
> one, and there
> are many worse.

I might be able to agree with this above paragraph if
I had consumed a rather large quantity of Jack
Daniels, but I fear I would succumb to alcohol
poisoning first, if you catch my drift.

Not that bad? Pardon my asterisks, but give me a
f***ing break. And the dead as well.

> saddam disarmed.  he complied with regulations.  the
> rule of law was
> being followed in iraq.

Are you willing to bet your life on that? I am not.

> as for cold blooded mass murderer,
> and so was abraham lincoln by your logic.  after
> all, a hell of a lot
> more americans died in teh civil war than have died
> in iraq under
> saddam.  and they wouldnt have died had lincoln just
> let them seceed.

My logic is obviously misunderstood in any case. My
feelings on the civil war are not going to be
addressed here. If they were, someone would invariably
wonder where I am from, and that will get stirred into
the mix. It goes without saying that more Americans
died in the civil war than in Iraq under Saddam....I
was not referring to American deaths under Saddam, I
was referring to Iraqi deaths under Saddam. Apples and
oranges, so the saying goes. In the event that Saddam
had finally managed to build or aquire nuclear
weapons, who can say what the American deaths might
have been?

> teh precense of mind to not be offended?  where do
> you get off?  why
> would you be offended?  others are free to worship
> as they please.
> thats whats so great about this country.

Uh..."get off"? I was not particularly offended...I
was remarking that too many people get offended by
hearing someone say something about his or her god
that is not politically correct, or using the term
"black" as opposed to "african-american"...the US is
too hung up on speaking 'politely' and 'correctly'.
Yet I am called a racist if I do not like some kid
driving past my home at 3am blasting ghetto music
loaded with cursing.

I truly begin to wonder what IS so great about this
country nowadays. Maybe that seems a little
contradictory to what I've written above and in
dealing with humanity there is always contradiction.

Take this as you will, I never meant to offend you or
anyone else, I was merely speaking my mind. Maybe
others here feel as I do, maybe not. I am personally
tired of the topic, and I am sorry I got into it.

Have a nice day,
--Kyle

P.S., the "have a nice day" was not sarcastic.