At 1:19 AM 12/3/4, Harry Veeder wrote:

>After reading some more, it seems to me a more accurate name for this field
>is non-inertial-chemistry. Gravi-chemistry is misleading unless you are
>endorsing the general theory of relativity which assumes that an
>accelerating or non-inertial frame of reference and a gravitational field
>are indistinguishable.

Gravity and acceleration are indistinguishable *at a point*, not a complete
inertial frame.  Unless one is in a uniform gravitational field, gravity
and linear acceleration are distinguishable by tidal effects.  In the
famous elevator, it is possible to tell if the elevator is in free-fall in
a gravitional field or floating in space.  It is possible to tell if it is
resting on a gravitational body, being spun about (gravity due to
centrifugal force), or being accelerated by a rocket.  All assumes you have
sufficiently fine equipment to detect the tidal forces.

Gravi-chem should work fine in a high gravity field, it's just the machine
design that changes.  The fundamental principle is still bouyancy, at least
for the electrolyte environment.

Regards,

Horace Heffner