From: Jones Beene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 10:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Fast-food for thought

Keith Nagel writes,

> Yep, that's it exactly. The resonator has two modes, an
inductive
> slow wave mode and a capacitive fast wave mode. The
capacitive
> coupling permits energy to travel directly along the axis
of
> the coil, which means the coil is a true resonator rather
than a simple
> inductor.

The implication being that the coil might have two
overlapping resonant modes, which could be partially
self-canceling unless one was careful to make the ratio
between the fast mode and slow mode into an integer
multiple....

Which task is not exactly a simple matter... as Stephen
Lawrence points out, especially since the magnet wire in
these coils is small dia and may have a varnish of imprecise
thickness, so that the refractive index may not even be
consistent enough to be published.

Maybe that's why so many people have failed to get Scott
McKie's tank circuit device to work as claimed....?

Jones