At 15:41 13/01/2005 -0500, Harry wrote:

> All this flows from _your_ force analysis of orbital motion. I think it is a
> mistaken analysis because it is based on an analogy between orbital motion
> and a body in a centrifuge. A body orbits the earth because it is in
> free fall. There is simply no outward force associated with that sort of
> motion. The bottom line is mechanical systems do not accurately model
> gravitational systems.

I think I can see where our disagreement on this bit lies.
You take the rather naive view that motion in a straight
line (straight relative the frame of the "fixed" stars) is
forceless.

I don't.

I view motion in a straight line in a way more in keeping
with the modern science of Cybernetics and Information Theory.

I see motion in a straight line as controlled by equal
and opposite Beta-aether forces on the sides of a body.
Any deviation from a straight line is counteracted by
negative feedback from the Beta-aether. Taking this view,
centrifugal forces are REAL forces.

> However, for sake of argument, I will accept your force analysis of orbital
> motion, but you still have a problem explaining why weight should not arise
> because most bodies consist of protons and neutrons. Your explanation only
> covers bodies composed of thing 1 and thing 2 particles.

Yes, but "most bodies" also "consist" of atoms.

And had we been having this discussion in the
nineteenth century you would have been singing,
that century's equivalent of -

# There's antimony, arsenic, aluminum, selenium,
  And hydrogen and oxygen and nitrogen and rhenium,
  And nickel, neodymium, neptunium, germanium,
  And iron, americium, ruthenium, uranium,
  Europium, zirconium, lutetium, vanadium,
  And lanthanum and osmium and astatine and radium,
  And gold and protactinium and indium and gallium,
  And iodine and thorium and thulium and thallium. #

# There's yttrium, ytterbium, actinium, rubidium,
  And boron, gadolinium, .........#

     .....and if someone had told you,

"Ah, yes. But inside each of those allegedly indivisible \
 atoms there is this teeny-weeny Thing 1 core which grabs
 virtually all the mass.

 And this teeny-weeny Thing 1 core is surrounded by
 a wispy Thing 2 cloud which grabs virtually all
 the space,".....

,,,,you would have laughed him to scorn, and said.

"Pull the other one. It's got bells on."

And yet Thing 1 and Thing 2 have a Thingee Force
which holds them together; and they can be put in
an environment where the atom will suffer internal
strain.

    amen dico vobis nisi conversi
    fueritis et efficiamini sicut
      parvuli non intrabitis in