The Baron's posts on the Tesla scalar waves reminds me of two discussions that I've had with physicists. Both of them talked about adding another dimension to the EMF wave, in this case a laser beam, by the addition of a component based on speech. As I understand it, speech or sound, is the compression and rarification of the air. If this phenomena were transferred to a laser beam, it would seem to me that the compression would produce an area of higher frequency, and the rarification would produce an area of lower frequency. It would seem to me that this is frequency modulation.

Meryl has a kit for sale which allows, as I recall, the researcher to produce and detect these waves. He told me, about a year ago, that there was no useful application for his research. As far as applications like computer chips, I have heard that a group is producing a chip which utilizes beams of light to do the computing. I assume that this involves using the photons like electrons. AFAIF, the idea of there being a new computing system based on these waves, or their ability to interface the brain to a computer, are more of the Baron's tin hat ravings.

I was watching the PBS show on information transfer. It starts with a relay of men on mountains with torches, and ends with fiber optic cables. How is the information relayed on the beam, frequency modulation or amplitude modulation?