At 03:01 pm 09-02-05 -0900, you wrote:
>At 1:25 PM 2/9/5, Terry Blanton wrote:
>>http://www.science.psu.edu/alert/Castleman1-2005.htm
>>
>>Clusters of Aluminum Atoms Found to Have Properties of
>>Other Elements Reveal a New Form of Chemistry
>>13 January 2005’ÄîA research team has discovered
>>clusters of aluminum atoms that have chemical
>>properties similar to single atoms of metallic and
>>nonmetallic elements
>
>[snip]
>
>Given that aluminum nanopowders are used in solid rocket fuels and
>explosives, could it be possible that aluminum nanopowders absorbed into
>the body can act like a wide variety of toxins, while not being readily
>detectable as such?  Might there be a relation to Desert Storm Syndrome?
>One also has to wonder about the possibility of nano-cluster formation in
>the body when aluminum compound containing food, like some baking powders,
>acidic food in aluminum cans, food in containers with aluminum foil tops,
>food in plastic containers that are aluminized on the inside, or pickles
>containing alum, is consumed.
>
>Regards,
>
>Horace Heffner

Whilst on the subject of "clusters" it occurs to me that since
there seems to be a whole new discipline of inorganic cluster
chemistry out there waiting to be discovered, there may also be
a whole new discipline of hydroic chemistry also waiting to be
discovered.

On his excellent website Professor Chaplin describes some of these
clusters; and the power laws for water and water vapour strongly
suggest the these clusters comprise a self similar hierarchy as
outlined in Buchanan's very readable book, UBIQUITY.

Though I hate to admit it, maybe my harp playing Spanish
daughter-in-law is not quite so daft as I imagine by
believing in Homeopathy.

It appears I might have hoisted myself on my own petard. 8-(

Cheers,

Frank Grimer