>The mistake the board made was in not getting rid of her five years earlier.

>What did they think they were getting?

More play on their stock price.

Currently trading around 20 from a high of ~80, the S&P clobbered it
in the last 5 years. The recovery in 2003 never touched them. Her
plan, whatever it was, failed.

They made OK test equipment, I was sad to see that go. Their old
computers were built like tanks, remember? There is nothing
to distinguish the new ones except the brand name. Can't
say as I'm too sad to see Fiorina go. Neither is the market,
the stock is holding at about 1.5$ over the Fiorina period price.
If million dollar CEO salaries are justified by the value
they add to the company, and firing her _adds_ a couple billion
to the companies valuation, shouldn't HP bill her or
something? Just asking.

K.