lets also add, with a given that god DID speak to people and the
writers of the bible are true prophets, would god have been very
literal?  you have a group whos barely learned agriculture, nomadic,
not much in the way of building.  a year seems a long long time to
them.   you gonna explain the birds and the bees of how the universe
was created?  nope, a few easy steps.  first i did this, than this.
then that, and that, and then that.  how long?  ohh, not long for me.
youd think of it as about 6 days.

--
"Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to
make it possible for you to continue to write"  Voltaire