Mike,

> > >The last time I talked to Mills, several years ago, he
said he was
> > >about a factor of 4 away from a closed loop.

> > ...and a 1000 fold improvement from fusion would put him
over the top by a
> factor of 250.

> How?

We seem to be talking past each other here.

The alternative to a Mills' hydrino plasma cell is not
deuterino plasma cell boosted by a D+D nuclear reaction,
although that is quite a boost.

You seem to be forgetting about the "neutron multiplication
ratio" of subcritical uranium fission.

In fission, each neutron absorbed in the fuel has the
potential to create 2.2 -2.5 or so new neutrons, depending
on enrichment. This can continue for many sequential steps
or "generations". Losses can keep this under two in a
subcritical reactor. A chain reaction occurs when this is
over two.

In between, in the subcritical zone, there is a
multiplication ratio, based on may factors. It can be very
high, using even a small amount of natural uranium - when a
thick graphite blanket is provided and there is no light
water, only heavy water. With a thick blanket of graphite
over 99 of every 100 neutrons going out, comes back
eventually. All the losses are then in the fuel. A
multiplication ratio of 100-to-1 is feasible with a few
hundred pounds of U and a thick graphite blanket. Each
fission releases 200 MeV of mass/energy.

ERGO for each 1/137 neutrino absorbed, which Mills has said
in past versions of CQM is the expected end-point of
shrinkage, assuming this acts like a regular neutron and
there is no reason why it would not, the energy boost, using
fission, can be 20,000 to one not 1000 to one. If a
deuterino is used, it is double that. If you want to argue
that a hydrino might not act that way, then we will assume
that we will be using heavy water - and again we are back to
the 20,000 to one ratio of energy multiplication using
subcritical fission. Mills in early work basically agreed
with this premise, and called it CAF or something like
that... now he is down-playing it. He can't have it both
ways. A deuterino does not act any differently with Uranium
than with another deuterino.

This **subcritical fission** application is extremely
significant. And it is not speculation. Someone will pull it
off eventually, and if it is not Mills, then he will
probably not benefit, because of the de Geuss patent
priority for lithium/beryllium catalyst which is an already
granted WPO patent, not a patent applied-for.

Jones