Antimony oxide is a heavy powder employed in the
plastic industry on mixing recipe's as a fire
retardent meaning the(pvc) plastic will have a higher
ignition temp for combustion. I commonly used antimony
oxide at work for many years. But I was allergic to
the powder form resulting in skin irritations similar
to poisin ivy. Only some people(30- 50%? )are allergic
to antimony oxide, and the rash that developes on
those skin specimens has been refered to as antimony
measles. I have also heard the the production of
antimony oxide always has a trace of arsenic
compounds.
HDN