Rereading the translation this morning, I wonder
if the device he is describing is a vacuum tube with
permanent magnet and electromagnet elements. One can easily
imagine seeing "pipe spiral" trajectories of the
ballistic electrons given the right applied fields.

Here's another grant, this one in 'Murica.

Abstract of US4204799

A horizontal wind powered electrical generator is disclosed in which a
horizontal reaction turbine is disposed within an augmentor
cowling which extends downwind of the turbine. First stage curved stator blades
interconnect the augmentor with the turbine cowling,
and secondary stator blades are spaced downwind from said primary stator blades
to extend inwardly from the augmentor to terminate
short of the turbine cowling. These secondary stator blades have a greater
angle of departure than the primary stator blades to
increase the rotational velocity of the air at the expense of its axial
velocity while permitting the axial velocity of the air
moving inwardly of the secondary stator blades to be undiminished. A
venturi-structured diffusor is carried by said augmentor in a
downwind position to lower the pressure generally and assist the action of the
secondary stator blades.