leaking pen wrote:

well, how big are we talking for the kites?  if not too big, you could
always move them during seasonal changes, also.

I do not know how big they are, but I am sure they are light or they would not fly up in the air in the first place. All aircraft are made of lightweight materials.

It should not be difficult to make them modular so they can be disassembled and shipped from one location to another. Military pilotless drone aircraft are like this. Incidentally, there are now 700 of these things flying in Iraq and Afghanistan, up from a few dozen four years ago. See:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/05/international/middleeast/05predator.html