sorry.  ive always been of the opinion that anything that alters my
mind, and in particular my senses and how they interact, in a non
predictive, nonrepeatable way, jeapordizes the trust i can place in my
senses.  and if i cant trust the senses, well, what good am i as a
scientist? therefore, anything that occured under such conditions is
automattically suspect.  in other words, if i cant create the effect
on my own, i cant study it properly.