Standing Bear wrote:

Dunno, but their web site only hands out old PDFs.  Don't have the patience
on a slow connection to get PDF's that will probably turn out to be not on
subject.  The PDFs they now hand out are old and not on subject.  Our
subject anyway.

The PDFs and other info at the iESi website have no useful information, but information about the claims is reportedly available, in the form of patents and technical papers by other researchers, including Irina Savvatimova, as I mentioned. I do not actually have any of these patents or papers yet, but I am starting to look around for one in English.

A couple of days ago, Ludwik Kowalski uploaded summaries of two Russian papers describing replications. See:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/cf/230baranov.html

He wrote: "[Fig. 1] shows a loop in which oil is forced to circulate under pulsating pressure. Numerous technical details (pump rpm, pressures, frequencies, etc. are provided." But he did not translate the details. If someone here wishes to try the experiment, I expect he would be happy to provide more details, and images from the paper. People who have replicated recommend the use of oil instead of double distilled water. Both are dielectrics, but oil is easier to work with and it can be used many times, whereas the water quickly becomes conductive so it can only be used once (in one pass).

Ludwik's address is [EMAIL PROTECTED] If anyone here is thinking about testing the iESi claims you should definitely contact him.

This gadget seems to be related to the Griggs and Stringham gadgets, which is reason to think it may be real after all. Nothing in the iESi website gives us any confidence, but these other experiments do. If Irina tells us she replicated it, I would be inclined to believe her, although I would want to know why she dropped it in favor of glow discharge, if it works as well as claimed. Perhaps she replicated an older, less-impressive version, not the 20:1 miracle machine.