What I meant was that if momentum is to be conserved,
and the neutral mass particle has by definition zero
momentum, then the collision cannot change the
momentum of a normal positive mass particle.

A particle with negative mass would, when impacted
immediately proceed towards the impetus pushing on it
rather than away as a positive mass particle would.

--- Grimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 05:56 am 27/07/2005 -0700, you wrote:
> >Contemplating collisions with Neutral or Negative
> Mass
> >particles boggles the mind.
> >
> >How would a particle with Neutral mass affect
> >momentum?
> >

> Good question.
>
> It would send it spinning off at right angles,
> perhaps.
>
> In the ultimate, mass (and energy) is merely an
> aspect
> of momentum "Quis non agit non existit" (Leibniz);
> so neutral mass implies zero momentum.
>
> If a materon consists of two parts, ones spinning
> clockwise and one widdershins then because momentum
> is a vector the particle has zero momentum.
>
> However, I'm sure you can conjure up plenty of
> alternatives with the aid of your Metaphysical
> Magic. ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Frank Grimer

Merlyn
Magickal Engineer and Technical Metaphysicist