>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

and Jed Rothwell responded;

>While I hate to agree with Park about anything, recent
reports that
>echinacea is ineffective seem to be based on careful
research.

and John Rudiger responded

># The problem with identifying the "key" active ingredient
for the purpose
>of synthetic production is that you don't know what role all
the other

The key word here is synthetic. The drug companies have
to create a new molocule so that they can patent it. The
synergestic effect of the other molocules probably
contributes too. Then there is the energy aspect. the plant
derived chemicals have an aura from the living system
which produced them, IMHO this contributes to the effect
too.

>chemicals in the original medicinal herb play. In many
Homeopathic remedies

Don't confuse the chemical effects of the phytochemicals in
the herbal material with the energy effects of the
homeopathic remedy.

>even non-active chemicals in the herbal medicine play an
important
>(catalytic) role in support of the active ingredient.
>
>It is a shame that the majority of people alive today in the
"western world"
>have forgotten how to use herbal/homeopathic type
remedies which now days

The establishment has done it's best to miseducate the
public on this as they do in everything else.

>come under the title of "old wives tales", alternative
medicine or crackpot
>medicine!

If an enemy force had done to America what the education
establishment has done, we would consider it an act of
war!