> From: Steven Krivit

> Can you tell me more about these requests off line?  What they look
> like?  Any ideas where they are coming from?
> May I can help.

Yes.  It's mostly friends and coworkers who have listened to me about peak oil.
 They range from professionals to burger flippers.  Of course, they already
knew I was a crackpot about exotic hydrogen energy.  :-)

Seems they have begun their own research re: Hubbert Peak and the truth about
our oil supply and are realizing that they will never see $2/gal gas again.
Many are dumping their SUVs and pickups.  In a company gathering I stood up to
speak and mentioned that rapid transit and commuter rail will (our business)
will prosper in two years when gas hits $5/gal . . . well, you can guess the
reaction.

I started writing a form letter and found it difficult not to come off acerbic.
 You know me, I'm not the type to write the kind of letter a Senator's aide
will actually read.  I was using phrases like "national emergency" and
"manhattan project" and too many web references.

Come up with something good (or several) and post it on your web site.  Nothing
like a good letter writing campaign to get Congress' attention.  It has damned
sure worked against those who say we should adopt the same nutrient supplement
laws which have recently passed in Germany.

Regards,

Terry