Fran--

Some Vorts are bred to stay on point.  You and Axil seem to have good breeding.

Bob
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roarty, Francis X
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 11:00 AM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:RE: Plasma: Casimir and Yukawa mesons

  Bob, they mention 2 items I took careful note of

  1 - an old problem coined "the Casimir mousetrap"

  [snip] The problem we intend

  to revisit is similar in spirit to the old story called

  "the Casimir mousetrap" for the stability of charged electrons.

  [10, 13] The negative charges on an electron surface

  give rise to a repulsive force between the different parts

  of the surface that has to be counteracted by an attractive

  force in order for the electron to have a finite radius.

  Casimir proposed that such attractive Poincaré stresses

  could come from the zero-point energy of electromagnetic

  vacuum fluctuations. [9] A number of attempts have been

  made to compute such Casimir energies. [10-13] However,

  all concluded that while the magnitude of the interaction

  was correct, it had the wrong sign. Further it gave a repulsive

  force. [10-13] [/snip]

  I think this reinforces my "segregation" theory where the negative energy
reservoir in a Casimir cavity is always balanced by a positive energy reservoir
being produced by the geometry.. the math is solving for an equal but opposite
force spread inside and throughout the lattice geometry forming the plates.
IMHO this explains how Casimir effect can be incorporated into an energy source
by virtue of Maxwellian like demon, sorting reservoirs of opposite vacuum
densities from the isotropy instead of the classic Maxwellian reservoirs of hot
and cold atoms.

  2 - Time, Temperature and plasmons
  [snip] At extremely small distances - also tantamount to very high
temperatures - the formulae are equivalent to the effect of the force of an
electron-positron plasma in the space between the interacting ideal plates,
according to the study.

  In this context, the mesons of the nuclear interaction theory become
plasmons, which are collective excitations in the sea of electron-positron
pairs in the vacuum.[/snip]

  Interesting that this paper indicates plasmons are induced from the vacuum by
Casimir effect. Note I added "time" to issue 2 even though it is not mentioned
in the snip because I think this relates again to Naudts paper regarding the
effect upon hydrogen of Casimir geometry in his 05 paper on relativistic
hydrogen as explanation for the hydrino. my point is that lowering vacuum
density is equivalent to what the near C twin observes but without the need for
dx - instead lowering the density below the isotropy instead of trying to
compress it. IMHO analogous to employing displacement to float a boat in the
ocean instead of the energy and tech required to compress water to several
fathoms of pressure - and since vacuum engineering is only now being born we do
not yet even have the tech to compress it other than near C dx or deep gravity
wells. We do however have the ability to employ skeletal cats and/or nano
powders to create displacements/ segregations in vacuum density but we still
await the first simple McGiver like demonstration that exploits this force to
convince the world.

  Fran