Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could Piantelli be retaliating against the bad treatment that Rossi and
> his agents have been heaping onto his efforts over all these many years?

I have heard he is acting now because he is old and he fears his
discoveries will be lost if he dies.

> When MFMP demonstrates Ni-H technology it becomes public open source
> property, that technology cannot be patented by Rossi or anybody else.
>
> Some aspects will be public, others not. Cold fusion is complicated. I
predict there will be patents filed for improvements in cold fusion
technology for the next thousand years. There are thousands of new patents
issued every year for things like combustion technology (fire) mankind's
oldest technology, and for semiconductors (first patented in 1952).

I am almost positive that orthodox science will never except LENR because
> it is antithetical to the current posits of science.

As things now stand I expect you are right. But I hope this situation
changes. Orthodox science will immediately accept cold fusion in two
situations:

If funding becomes available to study it. As Szpak says, scientists believe
whatever you pay them to believe. If $100 million comes into this field,
not only would all opposition vanish overnight, but the main opponents will
claim they discovered it and they will be the first to apply for grants.

If the effect is commercialized.