A lot depends upon the feedback type, whether 1,2, or 3 which is very design
related.  A type 1 system is limited in COP to a significant extent according
to my simulations.  It will be difficult to achieve a net of 6 at best without
enough thermal feedback.  It is a fine line between a type 2 and type 3 design.
 If he is able to achieve a consistent type 2 mode then he can run it in either
a constant or pulsed manner that you speak of with fine performance.

Unfortunately, if it creeps into a type 3 device, then he will loose control of
it to a great extent.  Whether he uses pulses or constant drive the device will
continue to heat up until it self destructs or, if properly designed, reaches a
temperature where it latches.  This may not be such a bad thing if it latches
below the level at which it destructs since the COP will be infinite until some
external force comes into play to begin a cool down trajectory.

The work being performed by Parkhomov at this time is going to be valuable to
all of us in many ways.  Rossi must have already explored these modes of
operation and is keeping that information secret.  I suspect that he
intentionally gave the independant testers a type 1 system that demonstrates a
modest COP just to prove that his Hotcats work, but not to reveal how well they
can be adjusted to work with enough fuel.  Remember, the more fuel you insert,
the greater will be the positive thermal feedback.

I would like to see Parkhomov add a small amount of insulation in steps to see
how the device works over temperature at each level of insulation.  That should
reveal the transition between type 1 and type 2 operation.  I am hoping that it
will be possible to obtain a true type 2 device instead of finding that the
geometry is not capable of preventing a direct change from type 1 to type 3.

To achieve a solid type 2 Hotcat, it is necessary for the heat being radiated,
convected, and conducted away to overpower the heat being generated before
device destruction occurs.  And, to make that turnaround in power extraction
fast enough may be more difficult than I can hope for.   Rossi may yet have
plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

Dave