Ryan Hunt reports that the failure mode was NOT the compression fitting
giving way under pressure - the fitting remained intact.  This experiment
was of the "easier Parkhomov" design, posted previously where the seal was
made with a compression fitting, in this case with the use of a soft
aluminum ferrule at the suggestion of Alan Goldwater.  Alan's tests
suggested the compression fitting would hold and it did!  Using the
compression fitting is a real win because it completely avoids the
problematic sealing of the ends with cement while providing an opportunity
to instrument the reaction vessel.

When this failure occurred, it appeared to be a raw ceramic body failure.
This could easily have come from too much pressure coming from a too large
charge of LiAlH4 for the vacant volume inside the apparatus.  MFMP will
extract that volume information and relate it to the weight of LiAlH4 that
was added, as being a benchmark for too much LiAlH4.  The tube used was
1/4" OD, but at the moment, I am not sure if it was a 4mm ID tube or a 1/8"
ID tube.  The Parkhomov tube had an ID of half of its OD.

Bob Higgins