Hi ,
Further back I had some ideas how to use mirrors in order toregulate the
reaktor temperature. Maybe that could be usedas a reversible spoiler:

Shutting down the inputpower to the reaktor would be one way.
I was thinking if one would start the operation of the reaktorwith my
hypothetically cylindrical mirrors around the dogboneturned to a position where
33.3% of the radiation of the reaktoris being reflected back into the device
and 66.6% radiated outwardinto cool ambient surroundings  one would regulate
the temperatureby turning the rotating mirror rapidly from around this position
by modulating the amount of radiated/reflected power. In case of detecting a
beginning runaway condition one would turnthe mirror rapidly to full open in
order to cool the reaktor  AND at the same time lower theinput current to the
reaktor. I guess that could be done in a fractionof a second and avoid a
meltdown or explosion at least in most cases.
Full open of the cylindrical mirrors means that (in this arrangment) still some
reflectionthat is 33.3% reflected adjustable to 66.6% reflected takes place
(66.6% radiated adjustableto 33.3% radiated outward)one would operate around a
position a position of 40% reflected what would leave somemargin to"full"open
and "full" closed
In order to open the 8 mirrorsegments to nearly 90% radiation one would need to
turnthem 90 degrees out of the way what is possible but complicate the design.
Hauke
PSIn this arrangment the cutouts in the two cylindrical (one inside the other)
mirrorswould be 8 openings of 30 degrees alternating by 8 mirror segments of 15
degrees each.The 8 mirror segments could be made 90 degrees turnable once the
hit an endstopand so opening to roughly 90% transmission.