Let's assume dark matter is "quantum vacuum" than an increase in vacuum
density will make it hard for life to exist, which fits the weak Anthropic
principle.  That implies we exist right now because the local vacuum
levels allow it, which can/will change over time.

We need to get off this hollow rock and spread our DNA...

Stewart