We are all grateful to Ed Storms and Kiva Labs for analyzing the sintered
Ni ash of the MFMP Bang! experiment.  Those images are from the sintered
Ni, molded int o a rod by the ID of the reaction tube.  There is woefully
insufficient evidence that the Bang! experiment produced any LENR.
However, when it exploded, it was in the right temperature range to begin
seeing LENR, so the "ash" per se is really just a sample of the conditions
at the temperature and pressure where Parkhomov (and Lugano) began to see
LENR occur.

Perhaps LENR would have been observed if the explosion had not occurred.
The tube used was substantially weaker than what is used by Parkhomov
because it is hard to find the closed-one-end tubes having a thick alumina
wall.  Bang! was just a first experiment.  It will be run again, perhaps
with a smaller charge of LiAlH4 to reduce the pressure somewhat.

We have also determined that the Parkhomov tubes are probably mullite which
is only about 50% alumina (and the rest are metal silicates).  This may be
the reason that his cement formulation worked OK on his tubes and didn't
work well at all on the high alumina (>99.5% alumina) tubes used by Alan
Goldwater who attempted so seal some with Parkhomov's formula.