On 07/17/2015 12:29 PM, Frank Znidarsic wrote:
Here is the thing that's coming and that was holding me back.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/05/android-m-embraces-usb-type-c-midi-devices/

Interesting. Here's a detailed explanation of the underlying cause
http://superpowered.com/androidaudiopathlatency/#axzz3bRhwb8Z2

Android devices currently have ~100 ms latency on the whole the input->output audio chain.

Good luck,
Mauro

thank you Google.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Znidarsic <fznidar...@aol.com>
To: charles.reigh <charles.re...@power.alstom.com>
Sent: Fri, Jul 17, 2015 11:17 am
Subject: andriod

A few years ago I completed several books. This was a goal and I am proud to have completed it. None are selling well but "Energy, Cold Fusion, and Antigravity" has sold quite a few over the last couple of years. I am hoping it sells more when it appears on the X files.

I also wanted to wrote software and market it on Google Play. I saw those neat little androids riding on the bus and thought, "I can do this this!" Amazon invited me to be a app developer, encouraging.

It proved harder than expected. I downloaded the free "Andriod Studio" compiler. It compiles Java code. I hate Java; the code is not self explanatory to me. I use it because it works but I know not why. It works but the water is muddy. Android programs have several associated files XML, Manifest, Gradel, Image, and Java. Each one would take the team at Bleachley Park to figure out. Anyway I did it, I got stuff working. My goal was to write musical MIDI apps. I could not get Android to read the MIDI input under any condition. I tried to use and modify and existing 3d party drivers; no luck.

Android M is coming out this fall. M is for musical. It have a new port and MIDI drivers. With this I believe I will be able to build MIDI apps. I will proudly display them on Google Play and Amazon once completed.

Frank Znidarsic