From: Bob Cook
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 8:57 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]:Re: LENR on a Chip

Jones-

I have had the same concern about the higher temperature coupling.  However, I
have always thought that the B field was the key—particularly in the Pd system
with its high magnetic susceptibility.

As you point out it may be that the  ordering that comes about at low
temperatures can occur at higher temperatures in big magnetic fields—the local
B field resulting from a  SSP or induced by an H field on a highly magnetic
material.  The MFMP experiments included such an H field on the Pd electrode.

The problem with a permanent magnet as the source of the driving magnetic field
is the lack of control.   It may be that a variable B field is necessary to
create the necessary resonances for spin coupling—and to kill the resonance for
controlling the reaction rate.  The many explosive reactions that have been
reported in LENR experiments may have happened as a result of sustained
resonant conditions.  The transient nature of SSP’s may be what is necessary to
stop a reaction, and a modest B field is what is necessary to let a SSP develop
in the first place.  Thus, the time constant for a LENR reaction would be
associated with the lifetime of a SSP.  This sounds a little like Rossi’s cat
and mouse relationship.

Bob Cook