Orionworks - Steven Vincent Johnson <orionwo...@charter.net> wrote:

> One gets the impression the device is pretty close to being ready to be
> boxed and sold commercially to the public.

That is my impression from the announcement. I doubt this device is real,
and I doubt we will ever hear of this again, but suppose for the sake of
argument it is true. As I said before about others who pursued this
strategy, such as Rossi, this is a supremely stupid thing to do. It will
cost a great deal of money and waste a lot of time. It may end
catastrophically, if one of the units malfunctions.

There is no need to sell anything to the public, or to produce more than a
handful of gadgets. Ten should be enough. Find ten experts at places like
Georgia Tech who express interest in testing them. Give them the gadgets
with a one month time limit. The expert has to test it and write a report
in one month, or return the gadget. After a month or so you have 10 reports
from experts showing that the gadget is real. With that in hand you can get
10 more experts, or 100 more. Soon everyone in the world will believe the
claim and you can then collect billions dollars in contracts to manufacture
them or in investment capital.

There is no need to involve the public, or to mass produce anything. These
steps would actually be counterproductive.